Samsung Electronics Australia Pty Ltd (Samsung) & Tecworks International Pty Ltd (Teworks) Terms and Conditions for obtaining a repair or replacement of you Samsung device.
These terms and conditions consist of 2 parts. Part 1: Samsung Terms and Conditions and Part 2 Tecworks Terms and Conditions. Please read carefully.
Thank you for contacting Samsung Electronics Australia Pty Ltd (Samsung) in relation to a possible repair or replacement of your Samsung device.
Before Samsung is able to accept your device, please read this Samsung IM Service Authorisation Notice (Notice) carefully, and if you agree with its terms, please click the required check boxes and sign in the space provided at the bottom. Unfortunately, Samsung is unable to proceed until we receive a signed copy of this Notice.
By providing your device to Samsung, you acknowledge and agree to the following:
- 1. Inspection Fee:
If, upon inspection, Samsung determines that the issue with your device is not covered by Samsung’s express warranty or the Australian Consumer Law (for example, where the issue is the result of customer-induced damage or abnormal use), you may be charged an inspection fee of $66.00 (inclusive of GST) (Inspection Fee). If, upon being notified of the outcome of Samsung’s inspection, you do not wish to proceed with the repair for your device, you will still be liable to pay for the Inspection Fee (and your device will not be returned to you until you do so). If you wish to proceed with the repair of your device, the Inspection Fee will be included as part of the total repair costs. For further information regarding Samsung’s express warranty, please visit www.samsung.com/au/support/warranty where you can access the warranty card which relates to your device.
- 2. Use of Refurbished Goods and/or Parts in Replacement or Repair of your Device:
Samsung sometimes replaces defective devices with refurbished devices (rather than new devices) or uses refurbished parts to fix defective devices. As such, goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods. If your device is replaced by a refurbished device, please note that the refurbished device is a replacement device and not a loan device. Your original device will not be returned to you.
- 3. User-Generated Data:
Please ensure that you have made a copy of all user-generated data saved on your device, as the repair or replacement of your device will result in the loss of such data. User-generated date includes files stored on a smartphone or tablet device (such as telephone numbers, SMS messages, photographs, videos and other files). Samsung will not be liable for the loss of usergenerated data associated with the repair or replacement of your device.
- 4. Accessories:
Please retain any removable accessories to your device (e.g. smartphone cases or covers) prior to providing it to Samsung.
During the repair process or if your device is replaced, accessories that are not removed from your device (e.g. screen protectors) may be required to be removed and will not be returned to you.
- 5. Removal of SIM/memory cards and passwords/locks:
Where it is possible, please remove all SIM and/or memory card(s) installed in your device prior to providing it to Samsung for repair or replacement. In addition, where applicable, please remove all passwords and/or locks from your device in order to provide Samsung with full access to it.
- 6. ACL:
Nothing in this letter is intended to limit or restrict your statutory rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
If you have any concerns regarding this notice, please review the warranty card or by visiting the Samsung website www.samsung.com.au/support/warranty or alternatively, please call Samsung’s Customer Contact Centre on 1300 GALAXY (1300 425233)
Thank you for your cooperation.
- Samsung Electronics Australia Pty Ltd
SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS AUSTRALIA PTY LTD ACN 002 915 648 ABN 63 002 915 648
3 Murray Rose Avenue, Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127, Australia | Tel: 1300 362 603 | www.samsung.com.au
I have read, understood and agree to the terms and conditions described above in this Notice.
I acknowledge that my user-generated data will be lost during the repair process (as a Factory Reset will need to be completed) or if your device is replaced.
Where it is possible, I have removed my SIM and/or memory card(s) from my device.
Where applicable, I have removed all passwords and/or locks from my device to provide Samsung with full access to it.
PART 2: Tecworks Terms and Conditions
- 1. A receipt MUST be provided or produced before any warranty work can commence.
- 2. Samsung Australia does not cover repairs that are not related to manufacturer’s defects as set out in your warranty information card. Warranty does not cover no fault found, software problems, nor Physical/liquid damage & the minimum fee of $66 for your product will be payable before its return.
- 3. It is the customer(s), customer(s) agent or relevant person/s acting with authority from the customer(s) responsibility prior to service to back up the contents of your product which is capable of retaining user data, including any data you have stored or software you have installed on the device.
The data, on your device with data storage capabilities, will be lost during the repair/return process.
- 4. Tecworks and/or its employees, agents or contractors will not be responsible for; any damage to or loss of any programs, apps, applications, data or other information stored on the Samsung device or damage or loss arising from the device mentioned above not being available for use before or during or after the period of service provided.
- 5. To the extent permitted by law, in no event will Tecworks and/or its contractors or agents be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential or incidental damages (including any loss of profits, loss of anticipated revenue and loss of business) arising out of any goods or repair or return services provided by either party in relation to devices with data storage capabilities covered by this notice, including delay in or failure to provide any services, and loss of data, programs and content on the device with data storage capabilities.
- 6. In relation to warranty and extended warranty repairs or replacement, Samsung Australia owns all the parts removed from your defective product and the original product that may have been replaced.
- 7. Tecworks or Samsung Australia may replace the Product or relevant part with the same or equivalent Product or part. The above-mentioned Product or part may or may not be a refurbished Product or part.
Customer Agreement to Conditions of Repair Service:
By sending the product in for service and/or ticking the agreement box, the customer agrees to the above terms and conditions.